Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In the beginning

In the beginning there was chocolate. I know this as it has been told to me that chocolate was and is the food of the Gods! It has also been told to me that chocolate is the best replacement for men.

So as I write this, my husband is slowly packing his bags for a "trip" overseas with the United States Military (he is Navy but called by the Army for this trip) and I am playing with chocolate.

My love for chocolate began when I was very small, maybe 3 at my earliest memory. Chocolate memories always stay clear in focus. Chocolate is the connecting line from my childhood all the way into my future.

Over the last few months I developed a product made from chocolate. It is a powder (I call it Traveler's Chocolate). I am going to use Traveler's Chocolate every single day while my husband is deployed. I will make note of the recipes and results and maybe post a video for fun.

I am not a chef; I am not a chocolatier by trade. I am a mother of three boys. And that is where I have received my training in foods. Strictly on the job. So everything I do with chocolate from here on can be done by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment