Monday, May 17, 2010

Hints of Summer

Our spring weather; windy, windy, windy and cool. That is until this weekend. The days began early as the fresh aromas of sweet blooming jasmine entered the room through the open window. I joyfully worked in the garden beds, found patience while battling Bermuda grass, and sat so still under the almond trees the bunnies came out of their hiding place in the barn to join me. The strawberries are pink, the raspberries are budding, the cherries are abundant, the pears are growing, the plums are green, and the almonds are everywhere. Gazing into the cherry trees a memory came to life. As a little girl I sit in the cherry tree with my very best friend and eat until our tummies were content!
For dinner we had a little taste of summer. Using pastry shells I cut and shaped them into silver dollars then filled them with fresh whipped cream and some with chocolate cream. Then I garnished them with fresh fruit and served them along with sun tea and mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment