Thursday, June 10, 2010

No Fondue?

Today as I sat with some friends talking about chocolate, it slipped out that I had never actually had fondue. Any fondue that I can remember - not even with my own chocolate. When I got home I made a white cake. When it was hot from the oven, I placed it on an oven mitt in the middle of the table where my children and I enjoyed the warm and soft treat. The big boys were getting ready to leave for a tennis party and that is when it hit. I tell everyone how wonderful Traveler's Chocolate is for fondue and yet I've never actually had it.

I had Traveler's chocolate poured over fruit
 in and on my pancakes
on my steak
to drink
as a face mask
in my cereal
"raw"
as a brownie
chocolate lava
on chicken
in a salad
with bell peppers
as finger paint
I made chocolate lipstick and kissed my son's cheek to leave a chocolate kiss mark
Raspberry fudge
blackberry fudge
with bananas
with cheese
on apple pie
on cherry pie
rhubarb and chocolate sauce for ice cream
even as a dip
and the list goes on
but I have never had it formally as fondue.

I do not know why, but I am scared of the idea of fondue. So tonight I will prepare myself to make the next jump in culinary excitement and enter this world. A melting pot of chocolate, little skewers, mini marshmallows, and some peanut butter to add a little depth. My youngest son and I will build a fort in our living room, bring in a lamp and blanket and I'll read to him while we snack on Traveler's fondue. 

Here's to happy chocolate thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment