Saturday, April 10, 2010

Midnight Brownie

I sometimes question if sleep in truly a part of the day. We live out in the country, we have one car and an uncountable amount of schedule changes.

Yesterday, was spent entirely in the car. My children were troopers. Everytime we headed for home something changed. We went from band concert, break service, to band concert to band concert to unplanned jazz concert.

The final concert of the evening gave my oldest son (18) and my youngest (9) the chance to watch Pete's Dragon in the parking lot. Concentrating on the movie actors and voices we were able to place a majority of the main characters to other Disney films.

We finally pulled into the driveway at 10:30. Remembering we have a kite flying picnic (today) and another concert (in an hour) I needed to make a snack.

The midnight brownie - no eggs
2 cups Rich Travelers Chocolate
1/2 cup flower
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup milk
1tsp baking soda

Greased and floured 8x8 pan, 350 degree oven. I melted the butter, mixed the flour in the the Traveler's and added all the other ingredients then put it into the pan. I baked it for about 18 and let it cool.

At 11:45 tasted the brownies and smiled!! The are very dark and very rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment