Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Traveler's Mocha

As I reluctantly rolled out of bed at 4:00 this morning to make a dash to the airport, I decided to bring along my highschoolers so I would not have to drive all the way back home (30 minutes) and then drive all the way back into town the moment I entered the driveway.

Yes, there was a slight grumble from the boys. On the way to sit in the school parking lot until the doors opened, I found my eyes wanting to shut. The wind hushed along the windows, "Maren sleep". I pulled off the road and into the parking lot of an all night diner. I rested my head on the steering wheel for a moment and woke up. Getting out of the car I made my way to the bar where several other early risers sat quietly staring at their eggs and toast.

Not the biggest coffee drinker in the world I ordered a very week cup of Joe. Still not liking the flavor I remembered the bag of Traveler's Rich Chocolate in the car. Raising my brow in curiosity I took a plastic spoon and my coffee to the car. There I proceeded to place 2 spoonfuls into the hot liquid and to my surprise I drank the whole cup.

As the sun began to rise over the Columbia River my energy renewed and I was able to finish the morning with only one hitch..... I forgot it was garbage day.

No comments:

Post a Comment