Friday, May 21, 2010

Early Morning Chores

This morning a quack woke me. Not the person kind of quack but a real one. The quack of our duck Qwackers. It was just about 5:00 and the sun was just making its way into the east sky. And there is was again...QUACK. Getting out of bed, grabbing my robe I make my way down stairs. Immediately upon opening the front door there she was sticking her neck inside as if she's saying, "Well aren't you going to invite me in?"

Smiling I took Qwacks back to her house, this woke the horses who moved from their barn to the gate looking for a treat, the cats emerged from their hiding places and the bunnies were already eating dew moistened grass. I let the dogs out and noticed a few weeds in the gravel and pulled them. One thing led to another and by 6:30 I'd cleaned the barn, gathered brush that had fallen in the wind and put that in our leaf burn pile, did  a burn (no marshmallows), filled in several holes in the pasture dug by the dogs in search of a mole, checked on the kittens, repaired the fence, walked the yard, and made breakfast.

This morning we had scrambled eggs, toast, and chocolate apple. My friend owns Middleton Organics Farms and brought cider and Apples Galore (apples in a jar :). I put the apples in a bowl, their hints of cinnamon, delicate sauce and a sprinkle of Rich/Original Traveler's Chocolate helped create a refreshing bite of summer.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment