Tuesday, May 11, 2010

White Chocolate Asparagus Strawberry Salad

After taking my big son to the doctor for a check up on his arm, I saw a sign for fresh asparagus. As a child my mother always made a hollandaise sauce to compliment the dark green spears. I normally use lemon juice and a little salt. In thinking of the white sauce, and seeing the bright blue sky scattered with clouds - white chocolate came to mind. A friend shared a strawberry salad recipe with me and I added the white chocolate. A perfect match
Ingredients
2 cups asparagus, cut in pieces and blanched
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup ground white chocolate
Dressing
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
Toss the asparagus and strawberries together in a bowl. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and mix well. Pour dressing over salad and toss.
Chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment